Fort Dalles, Oregon
Fort Dalles is in The Dalles, Oregon right near the end of the Historic Columbia River Gorge. It has quite a long history, and five different names. It’s major task was as defensive point during the Walla-Walla Indian Wars, and as a major depot on the Dalles-California Military Road.
All that is left of the original building is the Surgeon’s Quarters.
Although this out building looks to be of the same era.
Across the street is the oldest house in The Dalles. Named the Anderson House, it dates from 1895, nearly 30 years after the original fort was abandoned.