Waldron School

Waldron School

The town of Waldron is named after the Waldron Family who were prominent settlers in Central Oregon. A post office was established March 28, 1879 and closed July 13th, 1902. The Waldron family were farmers in the area, but it’s doubtful they were very successful. All that is left is this school house, which looks quite well taken care of considering. The actual town was about one and a half miles to the northeast on Tamarack Creek according to Oregon Geographic Names, but that area is obviously private property now and there is nothing left of the town anyways.

3 Responses to “Waldron School

Trackbacks & Pings

Leave a Reply